Wednesday, August 1, 2012

24th of July Parade

Britten and his family were sad they had a prior commitment and were out of town and couldn’t participate with us during Logan’s 24th of July Parade.   The purpose of our parade entry was to make people aware of Britten’s Run.   http://brittensrun.com/   



It was a privilege and an honor to walk with over 30 missionaries currently serving a full-time.mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cache Valley.
I told everyone the parade started at 10 a.m. and to be there at 9:45 a.m. to line up when, in fact, it started at noon. I had to admit my mistake and ask the missionaries for forgiveness. Even when I told them they could “hit me first and then forgive me”, no one took me up on the offer and they were extremely gracious and kind!


The parade route was crowded all along the way and as we walked it was fun to hear and see the crowd react with loud cheers, clapping, rising to their feet, while others yelled out, “There’s the missionaries”. It was inspiring to watch the missionaries giving out “high fives”, hugs and vigorous handshakes.










                      
A lot of parade spectators told us they would be at  Britten’s Run for sure and a kind stranger walked up and handed me a   $20.00 bill.   As he pressed the money into my hand, he said,  “My daughter has had a similar accident".    It was truly was a tender moment.  
                                                                                      
We live in a special place with wonderful people who are will to help and serve in every way possible.





It's truly been a privilege to be a part of this great cause.              
We Love You!           David & Mary














No comments:

Post a Comment