Friday, April 27, 2012

Transition

Thanks again for all the prayers and strength that we feel from so many. Thanks for the well wishes and support both typed and sent and untyped and sent...we appreciate both! We never knew we had so many friends and family. Today was a day of transition. Elder Schenk is back in rehab tonight. The great part of that is that he is healthier! So far the fevers have subsided and he has been much less nauseous. He has been able to keep food, drink and meds down. The difficult part of that transition is that it is like starting over. It kind of feels like we lose a day each time we move. It really shouldn't be that difficult, but we don't live in a difficulty free world. I know that everyone really does the best they really can and the reality of life is that we all fall short of perfection. Perfection is something we all must strive for but is impossible for any of us to achieve without Our Savior Jesus Christ and with Him anything is possible. We thank Our Heavenly Father for all good things.

8 comments:

  1. So glad he is feeling much better. Hope that rehabilitation will go well. You are so right about anything is possible with the help of our Savior and Father In Heaven.
    We love you all so much. Thoughts and prayers continue daily. Keep smiling as we all are.
    Love, David, Mary and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family is so grateful to hear that he is doing better and at least back in rehab! We think of you and your Elder so often and pray every day for his recovery.
    ~The Allred Family
    San Antonio, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful to read that Britton is doing better. We continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. Thank you for taking the time to keep everyone posted on his recovery and the miracles along the way. We wonder and marvel at the miracles we read about in the scriptures, it is even more astounding to experience it in our own lives. We love you all. May God continue to bless you.
    Bob and Carol Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news! Glad he is feeling better. We love you and keep you in our prayers and thoughts..... Love the Campbells

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful for Elder Schenk! It does take time to start over & get use to it! I know that the Savior will help your son.

    Because, I myself had to start from scratch three years ago & get my life back together. I had a hard time understanding my parents & my life turned upside down. I was deciding to get baptized earlier in my life. But then I caught the swine flu. Then everything got worse for me. I was not sure if I was going to be alive. But, my friends & my ward kept visiting me. It took me about 4 or 5 month's to walk straight. But another hard part for me was going to back school. My grades were slipping. I felt like my mind & body was in the spirit world. I was so blessed that my family, friend's & my ward prayed for me.

    Then my best friend was going to Ecuador to the orphan age. It was her mission to teach & help the orphans. I could not decide when to be baptized. So during Thanksgiving I called my Nanny! She said that my mom excepted me that I can be baptized. So I chosen to be Baptize on the December 5th 2009, before my best friend left.

    It took me about two years to get my life. The way it's so suppose to be. I am so blessed that we have the gospel & the guidance from President S. Monson. & that is my testimony to you. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.

    The first time I read what had happened to you in the Herald Journal. I started to pray for you. Your cousin Abi Hubbard is great wonderful friend to me. I hope you get better Elder Schenk & believe in yourself to be strong. My prayers will always be with you. From Jennifer La

    ReplyDelete
  6. I repeat .. I am praying for you .. Love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm honestly in tears. :) such beautiful news! Keep it coming! You are amazing Britten. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete